Candles, Smiles and Cake
It’s time to wax poetic! I mean the kind of poetry that’s the equivalent of an Indian grandmother’s food: so filled with love that it’s almost like a hug—from your heart to theirs. It’s time to write a birthday card!
- Munchies-your brain needs its food!
- Scratch Paper-Because Rome wasn’t built in a day
- Your Greeting Card for them
- Oxytocin-Because you gotta feel the looooove (memories will do as a suitable replacement)
1) Stuff your face with munchies. You need your thinking cap, and your brain its glucose!
2) Think back to a memory of you and your loved one. Ideally, it could be anything that has you showing off those pearly whites. Draw on that memory and mentally note all the things you love about them (And hate. Lets face it, short of Queen B and Farhan Akhtar in Dil Dhadakne Do, no one’s perfect)
3) Think through times they’ve been there for you, and thank them for their presence in your life. Now would be an appropriate time to think about the sniveling idiot (think Neville Longbottom in the Sorcerer’s Stone) you’d be without them.
4) Wax Poetic
Word Bucket: Happy Birthday, Ever since, Through it all, Where would I be, Thank you, Je t’aime, I hate you like I love you